[omniORB] omniORBpy : struct not defined in POA_xxx ??

Tue, 01 Feb 2000 10:36:48 +0000

On Monday 31 January, Yann Dupont wrote:

> A struct InfoObject is defined in an mymodule.myinterface .

> from POA_mymodule import myinterface
>
> truc=myinterface.InfoObject (arguments)
> AttributeError: InfoObject

[...]

> So for the moment, the only solution I have for the server is to
> import the 2 modules...
>
> is it the right thing to do ???

Yes. The POA_ modules are only there for skeletons. Any other entities
declared in IDL only appear in the non-POA_ module. The Python mapping
specification isn't 100% clear on this, but it doesn't say that
structs etc. should appear in the POA_ module, and all the other
Python ORBs use the same scheme as omniORBpy.

I think it would be confusing to make non-interface declarations
appear within the POA_ module, since that would imply that there was
something different between the client-side and server-side versions
of those declarations. There is only a difference with interfaces, so
those are the only things which appear within POA_.

HTH,