[omniORB] callback hanging problem.

Andy Faibishenko AFAIBIS@tuc.com
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:16:15 -0600

I have some code for OmniOrb 3.0.1 on NT which registers several  =
callbacks.  Some have an accept() method that accepts a struct and some =
have an accept() method which accepts a sequence of structs.  The ones =
that accept a sequence always lock up.  They seem to lock up on the =
initial "registration" call which passes the object reference to the =
server process.

I know I am not giving enough details to diagnose it, but I am looking for =
hints of how to trace into this problem.  I could trace in Visual C++ as =
far as setting up the parameters and invoking the CORBA call.  Then it =
just hangs.

I don't have the ability to trace inside the server process to see if it =
made it over to the server side.  However I don't see any exceptions or =
log messages that would indicate a server problem and I know of other =
people that have been using that server method sucessfully.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.