[omniORB] OmniORB and threading

David Hyde davidh@cavendish.co.uk
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 08:42:06 -0000

Hi,

I am mixing a process that contains another older, non CORBA, ORB with
OmniORB.  It's not desirable, but for the moment it has to be this way.  I
am finding that an OmniORB call that results in a call to the legacy ORB is
hanging and I think that the reason is that the OmniORB call is entering on
a new thread and the legacy ORB is not thread safe.  I can't do anything
about this, and I can't marshal interface pointers the way that I would with
COM.  Is there any way that I can get OmniORB to make the call on the
process' original thread?

Thanks

David

David Hyde
The Cavendish Organisation Ltd.
Admiral House
St. Leonards Rd				Tel: +44 1753 836600
Windsor					Fax: +44 1753 855021
Berkshire SL4 3BL
United Kingdom

email: davidh@cavendish.co.uk

http://www.cavendish.co.uk/

Confidential Information may be in this message. If you are not the intended
addressee please treat it as confidential, contact us immediately. Thank
you.