C++ toolkits (was Re: [omniORB] Announcing omniNotify 1.1.BETA)

randy.shoup@tumbleweed.com randy.shoup@tumbleweed.com
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 12:27:58 -0800

"Robert E. Gruber" wrote:

> Note that porting to Windows NT is on our list of things to do.  If
> you would like to help, you might consider sending us a tip on
> where to find portable C++ classes for doing date/time processing for
> both Unix and Windows.  We need to be able to parse strings into
> times, format times as strings, and so on, dealing with time zone and
> daylight savings time, etc.
>
> (omnithread::get_time is a start, but we need more.)

Check out the C++ Foundations<Toolkit> and other portable C++ libraries
from ObjectSpace:  http://www.objectspace.com/products/toolkits .

I have been using them for about 6 years or so.  We use their libraries
for
	+ threading
	+ system/process management
	+ time
	+ files
	+ sockets and communication
	+ STL

We have used them on Linux, NT, and Solaris.  The quality is always
excellent, the design and coverage is good, and the source code is
included.

At one point, they made some of these libraries available free, but this
might have been only the STL portion.

-- Randy
Randy Shoup                                     (650)216-2038
Senior Architect                                rshoup@tumbleweed.com
Tumbleweed Communications Corporation