[omniORB] typecode problem again...

Stephen Crawley crawley@dstc.edu.au
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 14:14:49 +1000

>      OmniORB has no trouble with extracting out the
> AlterationSpec from the typecode.  Orbix 3.0.1 seems
> to have a bit of trouble and unfortunately it is a black
> box for me.

Whoops ... I missed that the Any extractionb failure was happening on
the Orbix side.

I've experienced a whole raft of problems with Orbix's implementation of
TypeCodes and Anys ... in Orbix 2.3 and earlier.  (Especially with
typedefs!)  I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of them carried over
to Orbix 3.0.x.  You may need to upgrade to Orbix 2000 to fix them.

But before you go to that trouble, I suggest you try to unpick the
TypeCodes on the Orbix side, as I described previously.  You want to see
if you can work out why Orbix thinks the types are incompatible.  It might
be something that you can work around.

-- Steve