[omniORB] Fixed implementation

Thu, 07 Dec 2000 12:51:29 +0000

On Thursday 7 December, "Renzo Tomaselli" wrote:

> I just would like to know about any plan to implement Fixed idl types in
> OmniORB 3.0.
> I understand this is a minor issue, however it's required to interface real
> life RDBMS for financial/banking applications and/or safe handling of large
> numbers.

It's sort-of on the list of things to do. We were giving it a low
priority because we thought there was no demand for it, but now we
have at least one demand :-) . There isn't any particular difficulty
in doing it. The most time consuming aspect of it would probably be
implementing the arithmetic. The actual CORBA stuff of marshalling and
the IDL compiler should be pretty simple.

I might give it a go next week some time, but don't hold your breath
for it.