[omniORB] Int. rep ID portability

Renzo Tomaselli renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 09:16:02 +0100

Hi all,
        I'm using throughout my code Intf. rep. ID as generated by
OmniIDL(2) compilers. So for an interface Foo in a module Bar, I use
Bar_Foo_IntfRepoID as a constant string.
Now I'm not quite sure anymore how much this is portable, indeed I could not
find any syntax reference in Corba 2.3 specs for such names.
An alternative and portable approach should be (as I must do in python)
through Bar::_tc_Foo::id().
Am I correct ? Thanks,
                                             Renzo Tomaselli
TecnoTP s.n.c. Special Information System Design
Maso Pelauchi I38050 Ronchi Valsugana,  Trento TN  ITALY
Tel. +39 0461 773164      Fax. +39 0461 771514
e-mail: renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it