[omniORB] CORBA::BAD_TYPECODE from omniORBpy servant

Mon, 04 Dec 2000 11:21:26 +0000

On Friday 1 December, Harri Pasanen wrote:

> I'm using omniORBpy to write test programs for our internal CORBA
> servers.
> The servers are done using omniORB 2.8. For testing I've tried both
> omniORB 2.8,

[...]
> omniORB: throw BAD_TYPECODE from pyTypeCode.cc:2286

That error shows that omniORBpy received a TypeCode (for the Any in
the structure) which contained what it thinks is an invalid
indirection. Please can you send the IDL for the type you are sending
in the Any, and the full GIOP traffic dump for the request which
failed.

You might as well send it directly to me, rather than to the list,
since it won't be very interesting for most people. I'll post to the
list if there's a bug which gets fixed.