[omniORB] Method priorities

Matthew Berry mberry@mweb.co.za
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 12:13:34 +0200

Hi,

A server object is essentially multi-threaded and a new thread is created
for each client request. I have a high priority client and a number of lower
priority clients. The high priority client will always call method X, whilst
the lower priority clients will call Y.

I presume then that I can service the higher priority client "better" by
setting the associated thread to a HIGH priority in method X. In the method
Y I would set the priority to LOW. This would be achieve by putting a line
at the beginning of X:

	omni_thread::self()->set_priority(PRIORITY_HIGH);

Similarly Y's implementation would begin with

	omni_thread::self()->set_priority(PRIORITY_LOW);

Is there a better or more elegant way of doing this?

Thanks
Matthew