[omniORB] SIGSEGV, Linux and omniORBPy1.1

Tue, 29 Aug 2000 18:08:50 +0100

On Tuesday 29 August, Gary Pennington wrote:

> garyp@python:~> gcc -v
> Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/egcs-2.91.66/specs
> gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)

Unfortunately, that doesn't tell us how the compiler was configured.
There is actually no way of telling.

> I might be missing something here, but how does the version of gcc/egcs
> impact the execution of  a python server ? I didn't build my
> omniORB distribution, I'm using the pre-built linux distribution from your
> website so I haven't done any compilation.

In that case, the compiler probably doesn't matter. However, you will
be using libstdc++ from your compiler, so it might be a problem. I'm
not sure how pervasive a problem the thread-safe exception handling
is.

Try my other suggestion of running the server under gdb, so you can
have a good look at it when it crashes.