[omniORB] ominORB memory Leaks

Mike Olson Mike.Olson@fourthought.com
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 15:33:33 -0600

Hello,

  I have a server running omniORB 3.01 and omniORBPy 1.1 on RedHat 6.2
that is leaking memory.  I've spent a lot of time looking into it and I
think the leak is coming from omniORB.  However, I am currently unable
to reproduce this in a much simplier user case.  Basically, I am calling
a function that permforms a lot of data manipulation and database
access, then returns the results as a large string.  When I run the
server and connect with a single client the system is quite well
behaved.  However, if I connect with 10 concurrent clients, the system
balloons up to 5 times its memory foot print and doesn't recover.  If I
comment out the last line of the function call in my server, and instead
return a hard coded short string, the server does not lose memory with
multiple clients.  If I change the size of the hard coded string to be
greater then 1.5 K, the system loses memory.  As I said, I'm pretty sure
it is not our code because I still do all of the processing in our
function, just don't return the generated results.

  Any ideas?

Mike

--
Mike Olson				 Principal Consultant