[omniORB] Release vs Debug and name service (next) its an unattended exception

Laurent Pointal pointal@lure.u-psud.fr
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 17:31:35 +0200

Continuing from my previous post.
Note: nameclt work if I dont use the final \ on command line - thanks to
Sai-Lai Lo.

Platform:
	WinNT 4+SP5
	VC++5+SP3,
	OmniORB2  built from omniORB3-20000822.tar.gz
	OmniORBpy built from omniORBpy-20000822.tar.gz

So, my problem is with the naming service which works with debug but not
with release (debug is compiling with all debug code and symbols in objects
files, release is without).

[release version]
I can access to the Name Service root context with resolve_initial_references.
When trying to resolve a context name in the root context (when calling
resolve), i get an exception which is not in [NotFound, CannotProceed,
InvalidName] and is neither omniORB::fatalException (its catched in the ...
catch).
[debug version]
Works well.

Note: its the same code in both (I've modified my traces logger macros to
have them in release too).

I've tried to activate omniORB traces with:
	omniORB::traceLevel = 30 ;
	omniORB::traceInvocations = true ;
But I cant see them anywhere... where is the output? (unless its because my
corba stuff is in a module loaded by another application which modifies
standard I/Os).

If you have an idea to find the problem source... thanks.

Laurent.
---
Laurent POINTAL - CNRS/LURE - Service Informatique Experiences
Tel/fax: 01 64 46 82 80 / 01 64 46 41 48
email  : pointal@lure.u-psud.fr  ou  lpointal@planete.net