[omniORB] matter of design:-)

Edmond Kereku edmond@fb5.uni-siegen.de
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 15:32:38 +0200

Hi everybody,

I am not having any specific problem with omniORB, but with a CORBA server
I am trying to build, so if somebody will find some time to help me I ll be
really grateful.
The whole application is not a CORBA service but it should use (if I ll be
able to go to end) a CORBA Interface to deal with the clients.
Normally at some point it should make available this interface, receive
some calls, return the control to a program's part that have nothing to do
with CORBA, and continue like that !
Everything goes ok , i register the objects to the NameService , activate
POA etc, but it rise a problem when I have to make the ORB run,
If I use orb->run() the ORB get the main thread and the only way I know to
return the control to the application is to send a shutdown to the orb (not
so good cause I still need it)
The only alternative I know is to use an internal loop at my app. that uses:
work_pending() and perform_work(), but it consumes(as expected) a hell of
CPU cycles.

So can somebody tell me how to get (in a clean way) the control from the
ORB after performing some work without shutting it down ?

thanks
Edmond