[omniORB] ORB initialisation in a shared library

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 10:52:06 -0400

In Message <3.0.32.20000821163851.008f7b20@vespucci.fb5.uni-siegen.de> ,
   Edmond Kereku <edmond@fb5.uni-siegen.de> wrote:

=>Hi,
=>
=>I am almost a novice to CORBA and I m trying to build a paralel simulation
=>system using CORBA (actually using omniORB3 to implement).
=>The server I am trying to build does not have a main routine, but is used
=>as a Problem Description receiving interface thrugh a shared library from
=>the simulation program.
=>As part of the presimulation code, I have to initiate the ORB and activate
=>the first object who must receive through some calls the values from the
=>client.
=>I readed through the documentations of the omniORB and I have  always seen
=>the ORB_init() routine used into main() and having argv and argc as
=>parameters.
=>Does exist any way to call this method without these parameters and into
=>another function's body ?

   Sure. Just make your own argv and argc-like variables, initialize them
properly, and pass them to ORB_init(). Should work fine.

					Gary Duzan
					Verizon Laboratories