[omniORB] omniORB 3.0 on SGI with gcc

GW Estep GW.Estep@riva.com
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 10:42:14 -0500

Thanks James,

Do you know any quick ways to test to see if gcc 2.95.2 on IRIX supports
thread safe exception handling?  I did the configure --enable-threads and it
did not grip when I did a make but this is not necessarily proof that is is
in fact working.

GW

-----Original Message-----
From: James Riden [mailto:jamesr@harlequin.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2000 3:26 AM
To: GW Estep
Cc: Omniorb
Subject: Re: [omniORB] omniORB 3.0 on SGI with gcc

"GW Estep" <GW.Estep@riva.com> writes:

> Forgive me if this is a rehash of an existing question.  I search the list
> and didn't see any info on this.
>
> I'd like to use 3.0 on and SGI running Irix 6.5 but instead of using the
SGI
> Mips compiler, I want to use gcc (like 2.95.2).  This is the same compiler
> I'm using on my Linux systems for this project.
>
> I thought I'd ask to see if anyone has done this before.  I started down
the
> road by changing the compiler lines in the
> mk/platforms/mips_irix_6.4_6.5_common.mk and realized that it was going to
> be a lot more work than this, something along the lines of merging the
linux
> version with the irix versions of the makefiles.
>
> Thanks for any help in advance,
>
> GW

(I've done this with MIPSpro, but not gcc)

It shouldn't be too hard - the first thing you need to do is verify
that gcc 2.95.2 on IRIX supports thread safe exception handling.

I'd go about it by copying some generic gcc makefile bits, like the
Linux ones, and then adding mips specific options where necessary.

cheers,
 James
--
James Riden / jamesr@harlequin.co.uk / jamesr@europe.com