[omniORB] abort - core dump

Robert Stent bob@cabintech.com
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 07:48:51 -0400

I have been wracking my brain trying to figure this one out.

I would like to see core dumps if my program SEGVs.  If I write a simple
program and issue a SEGV or an ABRT to the program I get a core dump.
If I perform a call to ORB_init, I no longer get core dumps.  Setting
-ORBabortOnInternalError has no affect, tho I didn't think it would.

Using omniORB3 . . .

I notice on Solaris it looks like the SEGV signal is getting caught as a
oneshot.  A truss of a simple program shows the first SEGV as [caught]
and the second SEGV as [default], then the program produces a core.  On
Linux (RedHat 6.1) I get no core dump.

I looked everywhere to see where the signal might be caught but could
not find it.  Is this some sort of threading issue that I am unaware of?

Any help would be appreciated.