SV: [omniORB] omniORB-to-omniORB over internet

Storm,Ole OLS ols@kmd.dk
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 08:57:39 +0200

Hi Glenn,

> > Has anyone implemented an omniORB server which has requests
> made upon
> > it by a JavaIDL applet/application on a client?  I am wanting to do
> > this but the main problem is that unless the JavaIDL ORB
> can send its
> > requests to the omniORB ORB using HTTP, the requests will not get
> > through client-end firewalls.  We are trying to create software that
> > works in this way and is installed at customer sites with the least
> > amount of maintenance possible.  Our client and server machines are
> > Windows x86 (for now), but we hope to port the server -side code to
> > Unix in the future.

Maybe the following post may be of some help or inspiration to you. It was
posted to this group in july 1999:

ftp://ftp.uk.research.att.com/pub/omniORB/contrib/omniORB261-HTTP-IOP.tar.gz
.

>The tar file contains all of Eric's additions and changes but with the
>unmodified files of 2.6.1 removed.
>
>I have not tried  the HTTP layer myself because Eric has not provided the
>"Web Server" side. However, he said that it should be quite straightforward
>for anyone who has done an apache module.
>
>Regards,
>
>Sai-Lai

Try searching the omniORB index for "HTTP Tunneling" to see all related
postings.

Regards,

	Ole.

Ole Storm, ols@kmd.dk