[omniORB] iioploc

Mon, 14 Aug 2000 09:52:58 +0100

On Thursday 10 August, Sai-Lai Lo wrote:

> > 	./eg2_impl -ORBpoa_iiop_port 12345 -ORBserverName Echo &
>
> > 	./eg2_clt iioploc://127.0.0.1:12345/Echo/my_poa/my_echo_object
>
> > This doesn't seem to work. Are iipoloc references implemented or am I
> > doing something wrong?
>
> iioploc is supported but the object key is not what you think. Try catior
> to see the IOR's content.

Just to slightly correct Sai-Lai, the URI scheme you want is corbaloc,
not iioploc. iioploc was used in early drafts of the interoperable
naming service, but it has been changed to corbaloc. As Sai-Lai says,
the object key is not what you think it is. It has some binary data in
it which you have to escape with % to use with corbaloc.

For most purposes, you don't want to be using corbaloc. corbaname is
more useful -- it refers to things in the naming service.