[omniORB] OMNIpy and importing _GlobalIDL

Jared Lee Peterson jared@tgflinux.com
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 11:38:37 -0700

I have a question concerning importing the proper things for omnipy.  I
am trying to run a script in cgi-bin that will interact with some CORBA
objects and I need it to import _GlobalIDL but if _GlobalIDL is not in
it's current directory it bombs out.  I have tried doing a
sys.path.insert() before trying to import but that does not seem to
work.  Is there some way that I can set this up to where I can have all
of my omnipy stuff in one place but insure that scripts throughout the
system can import things properly?  I am on a Linux box if that helps.
I don't want to have to dump all of this is site-packages if I can don't
have to.

Thanks,
Jared