[omniORB] Connect to server from Java

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
11 Aug 2000 11:57:06 +0100

> We are experiencing the same problem here.  We are running Linux (RedHat
> 6.1) on i686 architecture, some of the machines will work with omniNames
> (omni3.0) and some will not and we use the java tnameserv on those
> machines.

> There is no apparent difference in the machines.

This thread has been covered and restated several times on the
list. Please go back and read the archive starting from here:

http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/archives/2000-07/0024.html

In short there is nothing we can do until sun fixes their bugs.
If you find omniNames of 2.8 works for you, there is no reason why you
can't use 2.8 omniNames and 3.0 for everything else.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:   http://www.uk.research.att.com