[omniORB] Connect to server from Java

Ben Miller Ben.Miller@Mercia.Com
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 09:58:39 +0100

I have a omniORB3 server written in C++ and I can connect to it from a
Java client (using the in-built Java2 ORB).  I use omniORB3's Name
Service to provide the server IOR - my Java client seems to have no
problem querying it.

Maybe this could have something to do with the platform the
client/server is running on?  My client and server programs are
running on WindowsNT 4 machines and my Name Service is running on a
Windows95 machine.

Regards,
Ben Miller.

Mercia Software Ltd.