[omniORB] delete fails

Matthew Berry mberry@mweb.co.za
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:08:07 +0200

Hi,

I have a server object which returns a struct containing a string member.
The IDL compiler generates a prototype which returns T*.

For the moment I am running the client and server (compiled under VC 6.0) on
the same Windows NT 4.0 machine, different processes. After calling the
above function, and extracting the results, I call "delete". I get an
ASSERTION failure caused by the string member's destructor. The comments
near the ASSERT suggest that the pointer of the string members buffer is not
in the local heap.

Am I doing something wrong? In the past I have run across two machines and
haven't had a problem.

Thanks in advance
Matthew