[omniORB] Problem with omniNames and Java client

Lenny Palozzi domain@twister.ica.net
Wed, 09 Aug 2000 13:23:33 -0400

Hi there,

I'm having the following problem using omniNames with the eg3_impl and a
Java client similar to eg3_clt(Java 2 v1.3.0). I found that my Java
client _works_ when I use the Java naming service(tnameserv) instead of
omniNames.

+[E:\omnitest]> java HelloClient -ORBInitialPort 2809
ERROR : java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
        at com.sun.corba.se.internal.util.Utility.bytesToInt(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.CDRInputStream.read_Object(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.CDRInputStream.read_Object(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.InitialNamingClient.resolve(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.InitialNamingClient.cachedInitialReferences(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.InitialNamingClient.resolve_initial_references(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ORB.resolve_initial_references(Unknown
Source)
        at HelloClient.main(helloclient.java:13)

My desired setup is to run the Name Service and my server with
omniORB(not in Java with tnameserv), and my clients in Java. This
problem either lies in omniNames or Java's ORB, or my code. Anyone else
got something like this working? Any idea where the problem could be?

Thanks,
-Lenny.