[omniORB] omniORB 3.0 on SGI with gcc

GW Estep GW.Estep@riva.com
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 10:49:19 -0500

Forgive me if this is a rehash of an existing question.  I search the list
and didn't see any info on this.

I'd like to use 3.0 on and SGI running Irix 6.5 but instead of using the SGI
Mips compiler, I want to use gcc (like 2.95.2).  This is the same compiler
I'm using on my Linux systems for this project.

I thought I'd ask to see if anyone has done this before.  I started down the
road by changing the compiler lines in the
mk/platforms/mips_irix_6.4_6.5_common.mk and realized that it was going to
be a lot more work than this, something along the lines of merging the linux
version with the irix versions of the makefiles.

Thanks for any help in advance,

GW