[omniORB] Re: Java and omniORB

Nayan.Ruparelia@pgen.com Nayan.Ruparelia@pgen.com
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 16:22:12 +0100

--0__=bEstLC6fP12HHjVxO56XSHk2eAkXFqFxDK0eYCGjB9yRALL6SxFQaTmz

Hello Johannes and Duncan,

Some weeks ago, I asked about Java and omniORB. I have found out that I could
use the ORB that comes with Java Enterprise Edition (from Sun). However, the
other side uses omniORB. So, can I use the Java ORB on my side, and can they use
omniORB on their side? Will the ORBs communicate via IIOP? Whet are the issues
and programming/set up tasks to implement such a scheme? Any ideas would be very
useful. Thanks.

-Nayan.

Nayan Ruparelia
07/17/2000 03:56 PM

--0__=bEstLC6fP12HHjVxO56XSHk2eAkXFqFxDK0eYCGjB9yRALL6SxFQaTmz

Sorry Nayan,

omniORB is as such C++-only. You could probably dig up a wrapper for an=
language including Java, but that would take way too much time. Instead=
, I
suggest taking a native Java ORB like JacORB or JavaORB. For a list of =
free
implementations (not only Java) look at http://www.vex.net/~ben/corba/#=
free

Regards,

Johannes Schindelin
SALT AG
Sedanstrasse 23
97082 W=FCrzburg
Telephon ++49 +931 3573-462
Fax ++49 +931 3573-409

________________________ Disclaimer Notice ____________________________=

This E-mail message is private and confidential and should only be read=

by those to whom it is addressed.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any=

publication of this communication is strictly prohibited.  Please delet=

subsequent written confirmation of its contents.  This company therefor=
disclaims all responsibility and accepts no liability of any kind which=

confirmation.

+44 (0)24 76 424000
=

--0__=bEstLC6fP12HHjVxO56XSHk2eAkXFqFxDK0eYCGjB9yRALL6SxFQaTmz--