[omniORB] HELP compiling example with Borland 5

Rosimildo da Silva rdasilva@connecttel.com
Wed, 09 Aug 2000 07:11:10 -0500

Sander van Geloven wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not compiling omniORB 3.0 but the examples. I simply use the
> downloaded binary version for windows. The instructions for compiling
> the examples... I've got them from the readme and from examening the
> makefiles.

I am affraid you cannot do that. The libraries pre-built for
omniORB uses VC++ 5.0/6.0.
I remember that someone was working to get BCB 4.0 working with
omniORB a while. The link seems to be dead.

message sent a while back -- you can look at the archives:
Hello!

A Web page on 'Porting omniORB to Borland' can now be accessed at
<http://astra.relline.ru./devel/omniORB_Borland.html>. It is not
finished yet, so any comments are welcome.

Have a nice day!
                        Mikhail
--
Mikhail Soukhanov <mailto:mik@astra.relline.ru.>

Laboratory of Geoinformatics, VNIIgeosystem
Warszawskoje chaussee 8, Moscow M-105, 113105 Russia
Tel.: +7(095) 954-00-31, fax.: +7(095) 958-35-22
W.W.W.: <http://astra.relline.ru./>

> Do you have any Borland project files which work well for the examples
> or do you know where I could obtain a copy?

No. But, I'd like to know if someone got this to work, because
BCB 5.0 is a lot easier to develop GUI applications than VC++,
and it might be very handy if someone got this to work.

--
Rosimildo da Silva            rdasilva@connectel.com
ConnectTel, Inc.              Austin, TX -- USA