[omniORB] SCO Unixware 7 port & support

Marcus Bullingham Marcus.Bullingham@aculab.com
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 11:37:21 +0100

It's actually gcc version 2.95.2, which as far as I know does support
thread-safe exceptions, and anyway it is the same compiler we are using on
Linux - which does not suffer from the same problem when running omniORB.
However, I guess it's not quite as simple as which compiler (& version) I am
using... the compiled code will be dependent upon various OS specific
libraries (& other magic). So, I will trawl the gnu & SCO webs to find out
more information...

Once I have solved the problem, and done enough testing to be confident with
the port, I will send you the updates for UW7 support. Would you prefer this
by email, or can I get access to the repository? (We run CVS here at
Aculab).

Thanks very much,

Marcus.