[omniORB] long long support

Mon, 07 Aug 2000 19:12:53 +0100

I have checked in partial long long support for omniORB 3.0.0 and
omniORBpy 1.0. You can get the updates from CVS (in the omni3_develop
and omnipy1_develop branches), or they will appear in tomorrow's FTP
snapshots.

Unfortunately, long long cannot be fully supported in omniORB 3.0.x,
since to do so would break binary compatibility with the omniDynamic
library. You can use long longs in static types, but you cannot insert
them into Anys. The IDL compiler will refuse to create the DynSK stubs
for IDL containing long longs, so you cannot use the -Wba option. (If
you are sufficiently enterprising, you may be able to find the updates
which enable Any support. :-) )

omniORBpy now supports long long in all situations.

For both languages, long long is only available if your C++ compiler
has native support for 64-bit types. I have only put in support for
Linux x86, Solaris Sparc, and Windows so far. Look at
include/omniORB3/CORBA_sysdep.h to add new platforms. Please send me
any patches you make so they can be put in the main distribution.

Enjoy!