[omniORB] compile problems on alpha-linux

Mon, 07 Aug 2000 18:18:42 +0100

On Monday 7 August, Gnana wrote:

> I am trying to compile omniORB3 on SuSE Linux 6.4 for Alpha.

[...]
> cexp.y:688: `SIZEOF_UNSIGNED_CHAR' undeclared (first use in this function)

The immediate cause of your problem is that you need to put defines in
src/tool/omniidl/cxx/cccp/config-linux.h to tell it about the Alpha
platform. The various config files there really ought to complain if
the platform has not been set. I've changed them in CVS so they do.

Unfortunately, I believe that it is still the case that g++ produces
exception handling code which is not thread safe on the Alpha. If this
is true, you will not be able to use omniORB on your platform. Even
worse, omniORB will work most of the time, but will die occasionally
in unpredictable circumstances.

Sorry,