[omniORB] typedef octet

Shelton, Susan L. Susan.Shelton@viatel.com
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 11:03:51 -0500

I have declared the following in my idl file:

typedef octet	CommonDataArr[600];

I later in my program have to fill this structure with data from an unsigned
char array.  I don't think that I want to use a memcopy to get the data,
because it doesn't always work correctly and I don't get the data copied
correctly.  I was looking into the .hh file created by the idl process and
it shows a

CommonDataArr_slice* CommonDataArr_dup(const CommonDataArr_slice*)

function.  Is this the function that I need to use to copy an unsigned char
array into the CommonDataArr structure?  If so, could you show me an example
of how it is used.

Thanks,
Susan