[omniORB] omniORB problem compiling example echo

Sander van Geloven nospam.sander@isi.uu.nl
Mon, 07 Aug 2000 15:23:01 +0200

Hi,

If I compile eg1.cc (after renaming it to eg1.cpp) from the echo example
of omniORB 3.0 with Borland (BCB) 5.0, I'll get the following two
errors:

  [C++ Error] omnithread.h(519): E2321 Declaration does not specify a
tag
  or an identifier

for:
OMNI_THREAD_EXPOSE:
    OMNI_THREAD_IMPLEMENTATION

and
  [C++ Fatal Error] CORBA_sysdep.h(376): F1003 Error directive: "Name
  conflict: _T is defined as a macro in a header file included before
  this."

for:
#ifdef _T
#error "Name conflict: _T is defined as a macro in a header file
included before this."
// FreeBSD's ctype.h, and maybe other files, define _T. omniORB uses
// _T in various places as a class name. Fix this error by moving the
// offending header after all omniORB includes.
#endif

What should I do?

The project I use is for a standard BCB 5.0 console application. All
environment settings are OK and all necessary libs are in the project.
the only files which are in the project are echoSK.cpp and eg1.cpp.

Sander