[omniORB] NEWBY question: 1 object reference, multiple callers

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Fri, 04 Aug 2000 16:32:03 -0400

   Each client gets at least one server thread in omniORB (it uses
a thread-per-connection model), so you will end up with multiple
concurrent calls to a servant. If you have any shared state across
invocations (i.e. heap storage), you will have to set up mutex-controlled
access to it.

					Gary Duzan
					GTE Laboratories
					Verizon Communications

In Message <398B256B.ED624CA7@santoro.org> ,
   Stefano Santoro <stefano@santoro.org> wrote:

=>Hi,
=>
=>I am using v2.8 and I am coidn a CORBA server.
=>I have a question: if multiple clients (say multiple
=>processes runiing a client ORB program) share
=>the same object reference to ONE servant object,
=>and all call it concurently, does it mean that omniORB
=>either
=>
=>1) spawns new threads to deal with the concurrent
=>    requests to the same servant, meaning that the
=>    same servant object can respond to more than
=>    one request at any given time
=>
=>2) keeps the requests to the ONE servant queued
=>    so that the servant may process only one request
=>    at a time.
=>
=>Plz tell me which one it is.
=>