[omniORB] Problems with OmniORB 3 on AIX

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Fri, 04 Aug 2000 09:12:21 -0400

In Message <A1CE9D121370D11188EF006008688B4549772C@hobbe.leissner.se> ,
   Sven Eklund <sek@leissner.se> wrote:

=>Hi!
=>
=>I have problems to get omniORB 3.0 running on AIX 4.3.1 with xlC-compiler
=>3.1.4. I am using the script powerpc_aix_4.2.mk .

   If this is really your compiler version, I'm surprised you got
as far as you did. 3.1.4 is not supported on AIX 4.3.x; you need
C Set++(xlC) 3.6 or greater.

					Gary Duzan
					GTE Laboratories
					Verizon Communications

=>Everything is compiling. The problem is a coredump at the first line of
=>CORBA::ORB_init(...):
=>omni_tracedmutex_lock sync(orb_lock);
=>It happens in every program that calls this function (omniNames for
=>example).
=>
=>I think it may have to do with initialization of the static member orb_lock
=>(static omni_tracedmutex     orb_lock;). Maybe problems with shared library?
=>The constructor does not seem to be called at all. I have also tested to
=>compile omniOrb 2.5.0 on the same computer and it works fine. 2.5.0 has also
=>the same type of static declaration and uses shared libraries. I use the
=>same parameters for makeC++SharedLib_r in both versions.
=>
=>Does anyone have any suggestions what can be wrong? Maybe parameters or
=>definitions that can cause this in 3.0?
=>
=>Appreciate every suggestion.
=>
=>Thanks in advance.