[omniORB] No exception thrown when failing to call oneway method

Viktor Mikho vvmikho@hotmail.com
Fri, 04 Aug 2000 07:21:28 GMT

Well, I do not know how to qualify this one - a bug or not a bug.
Some may say that all is my fault and I tend to agree.
Very simple situation (NT, omniORB 2.8): oneway function is called that
takes a structure as 'in' parameter:

oneway void uploadStateChanged(in UploadRequestT ur);

Probably I need to add that in my case method is called on the callback
object but I am not sure if it is important.

I did not initialise one of the UploadRequestT members (of enum type). As a
result uploadStateChanged() is called with no visible problems (and no
exceptions) but is never ever invoked on the servant side.

I think, it would be nice to throw some sort of exception (because
apparently there was a marshalling problem).

Thanks,

Viktor