[omniORB] Problems with OmniORB 3 on AIX

Sven Eklund sek@leissner.se
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 00:04:20 +0200

Hi!

I have problems to get omniORB 3.0 running on AIX 4.3.1 with xlC-compiler
3.1.4. I am using the script powerpc_aix_4.2.mk .

Everything is compiling. The problem is a coredump at the first line of
CORBA::ORB_init(...):
omni_tracedmutex_lock sync(orb_lock);
It happens in every program that calls this function (omniNames for
example).

I think it may have to do with initialization of the static member orb_lock
(static omni_tracedmutex     orb_lock;). Maybe problems with shared library?
The constructor does not seem to be called at all. I have also tested to
compile omniOrb 2.5.0 on the same computer and it works fine. 2.5.0 has also
the same type of static declaration and uses shared libraries. I use the
same parameters for makeC++SharedLib_r in both versions.

Does anyone have any suggestions what can be wrong? Maybe parameters or
definitions that can cause this in 3.0?

Appreciate every suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

Sven Eklund