[omniORB] storing objects

Stefan Seefeld seefelds@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 13:57:49 -0400

I'm reading openDoc related documents and am now pondering
about what basic infrastructure berlin is missing to develop
such a 'compound document model'.
One of the missing pieces is storage and persistence.
I'v come across the Persistence and the Externalization
services. Does anyone here have experience with them ?
How useful are they. I often hear people complain about
problems with various services (or rather specifications
thereof) such as LifeCycle.
Can anyone suggest how to design a general storage and
data exchange scheme, applicable in a fully CORBA based
desktop environment such as berlin ?

Thanks,	Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique