[omniORB] nameclt against another ns.

Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:04:21 +0100

On Friday 28 April, Shawn Bisgrove wrote:

> nameclt -ORBInitRef NameService=`cat name.ior` list

[...]

> Going against Orbix 3.0.1, should this work?  Past
> experience leads me to believe that this will not
> work.  However, with the new changes?

Well, it should work, and it should always have done. The new changes
haven't affected anything to do with contacting the naming service
once you have a reference to it, they've just standardised the way in
which you specify the reference.

The trace you gave (which I've snipped) shows that omniORB
successfully issues a LocateRequest on the Orbix name service,
receiving a reply which says the object is present. Then it invokes
the list() operation on it, but the remote call never returns. This is
almost certainly a bug in Orbix's name service. Maybe you could try
other operations like resolve() to see if they work. Is there any way
you can get Orbix to produce debugging output like omniORB's
-ORBtraceLevel?

Sorry I can't be more help,