[omniORB] FW: about mrouted

Theo Aukerman taukerman@logici.com
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 06:38:48 -0700

Be sure to read the following
http://www.teksouth.com/linux/multicast/
It's a little out of date, but of particular importance is that you need a
kernel with multicast routing and tunneling enabled.  This probably will
require a kernel config/compile on your part.

Also look at
http://www.linux.com/howto/Multicast-HOWTO.html

I started with Caldera rather than RedHat because I found a document on the
web which gave steps to compile mrouted for linux which showed FAR fewer
steps for Caldera than RedHat.

Ultimately, I had to resolve header conflicts myself since the document was
out of date.  Resolving the header conflicts took be about 2-4 hours or so.

I have 2 gzipped tar files with mrouted I could mail to you, unfortunately I
don't remember where I got them.

One of them has binaries which don't work on the newer kernels, thus I had
to recompile mrouted myself.

Theo Aukerman
Taukerman@logici.com
(858)-455-7299x122

All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.