[Berlin-design] Re: [omniORB] object deletion strategies

Ben Bucksch mozilla.news@bucksch.org
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 03:08:23 +0200

Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> The reason I'm going into these details is that we have currently dangling
> references so a couple of objects never get destroyed (via _dispose). [...]
> It's kind of hard to figure out where the extra duplicate or missing
> release comes from, I didn't find a good debugging strategy for this kind
> of errors...

Also a known problem of Mozilla *g*. See
<http://www.mozilla.org/performance/tools.html>, especially Leaky and
refcount balancer. IIRC, they are home-grown tools wired with Mozilla's
architecture (XPCOM), but you might find some ideas and code, you can
use.

--
<http://www.bucksch.org>