[omniORB] object deletion strategies

Stefan Seefeld seefelds@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 10:19:42 -0400

David Riddoch wrote:

> > Berlin is currently quite slow, Fresco is much faster. I'm wondering where
> > the differences come from, given that Berlin inherits Fresco's architecture.
> > One possible difference is that Fresco uses a non-standard ORB. That's why
> > I'm trying to understand the particularities of all the involved
> > strategy choices.
>
> Odd.  Given that most of your calls are currently just virtual function
> calls I would be very suprised if it is the ORB that makes the difference.
> You can't get much faster than that!

I didn't ment to say that the difference in speed comes from the ORB. We are still
looking for the hot spots. However, at each level of the traversal there is at least
one region and one transformation object temporarily created, which shows up in our
profiling data...

Anyway, I got the information I need, so I think I'll do more testing before
diffusing even more hot air ;)

Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique