[omniORB] Patch for Sun WS 5.0 compiler ...

Giga Giguashvili gregoryg@ParadigmGeo.com
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 22:32:20 +0200

Speaking the truth, I didn't get to compile OMNI till the end. You are right,
there were
some strange errors.
But, I did compile ACE+TAO which is much heavier environment, so I guess it's
possible
to build OMNI as well with the latest patches on Sun WS 5.0 and Solaris 8.

Giga

"A.A.Gerritsen" wrote:

> >Are you saying you got 64 bit port for OMNI on Solaris 7?
> >I was trying to do the port, but left it because of OMNI incompatibility
> problem
> >with our system on SGI. I used Solaris 8 and Sun WS 5.0.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Giga.
>
> BTW did you get omniORb to compile/work on Solaris 8 with SUN WS 5.0.
> I got errors in SUN's own errors. When looking at thos eerrors they are
> identical to the ones fixed by a pathc from SUN. This pathc however is only
> for Solaris 7.
> Also the omniORB patches are for Solaris 7 too.
> With gcc I get omniORB to compile/work too, but I prefer WS 5.0 if possible.
>
> Regards,
>
> Armin
>
> >Robert Jonsson wrote:

> >> Yes, we are currently using it with Solaris 7 and Sun WS 5.0. I did a
> previous
> >> post about compiling omniORB in it self, we are also using
> >> RogueWave that comes with Sun WS, as I remember it, that made things even
> more
> >> confusing. Be sure to have the compiler and OS up to
> >> speed, installing all patches is a MUST to us it comfortably.
> >> Btw we are also using omniEvents with the same setup.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> /Robert

[demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of gregoryg.vcf]