[omniORB] Patch for Sun WS 5.0 compiler ...

Giga Giguashvili gregoryg@ParadigmGeo.com
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 22:05:38 +0200

Hi,

Are you saying you got 64 bit port for OMNI on Solaris 7?
I was trying to do the port, but left it because of OMNI incompatibility problem
with
our system on SGI. I used Solaris 8 and Sun WS 5.0.

Regards,
Giga.

Robert Jonsson wrote:

> jerome.banks@tumbleweed.com wrote:
>
> >    Hi,
> >    Is there a patch ( or list of changes ) to get omniORB to
> >    compile under the Sun WS 5.0 ??? The README
> >    says it is "under testing".  I can get omniORB to compile
> >    under 5.0, but only after tweaking several files, and am
> >    curious if others are doing the same thing.  Is anybody
> >    currently using it under WS 5.0 , or considering it in the
> >    near future ???
> >
> >    thanks in advance ...
> >    --- jerome
>
> Yes, we are currently using it with Solaris 7 and Sun WS 5.0. I did a previous
> post about compiling omniORB in it self, we are also using
> RogueWave that comes with Sun WS, as I remember it, that made things even more
> confusing. Be sure to have the compiler and OS up to
> speed, installing all patches is a MUST to us it comfortably.
> Btw we are also using omniEvents with the same setup.
>
> Regards
>
> /Robert

[demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of gregoryg.vcf]