[omniORB] basic communication stuff

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
17 Apr 2000 11:42:57 +0100

With a host that has multiple IP addresses, it is often difficult for the
ORB to pick the "right" one.
I suspect the IP address embedded in the object reference is that of the
wrong network interface. You can force a server to insert a particular IP
address in all the object references it generate by either:

1. Invoke with the option -BOAiiop_name_port <hostname>
      e.g. ./eg2_impl -BOAiiop_name_port "209.139.139.80"

2. Or set the environment variable OMNIORB_USEHOSTNAME
      e.g. export OMNIORB_USEHOSTNAME="209.139.139.80"

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:   http://www.uk.research.att.com