[omniORB] omniNames and Solaris: 39 Name Limit?

Fri, 14 Apr 2000 12:02:05 +0100

On Thursday 13 April, Armen Yampolsky wrote:

> We are experiencing a reproducible effect -- any name service on our
> Solaris 2.6 server has an upper limit of 39 names. This occurs with both
> the omniNames and JDK 1.2 name services. Has anyone experienced this
> before, and does anyone know if a workaround is possible?

I can't speak for JDK 1.2, but omniNames has no restriction in the
number of names it can support (apart for the amount of virtual
memory). What error do you get if you try to store a 40th name?

It would also be useful to know which version of omniORB you are
using.