[omniORB] omniORB_280 and Sun C++ 5.0 - and omniEvents

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
12 Apr 2000 11:31:48 +0100

As Robert said, its no point try to use Sun C++ 5 until one has got all
their patches applied. Even so, the last time I give Sun C++ 5 a try was
back in January when they release the last patch 107311-09. The result was
disappointing.  When compiled with -O2 and without -g, eg2_impl SEGV after
it replies to eg2_clt. It simply got the exception handling list all mess
up with -O2. Could be a problem with raising an exception from a shared
library. I don't know and don't have time to keep testing that compiler.

The generated code seems alright with -O2 -g but I think you should know
its limitation before you rely too much on that compiler.

For me, I've been using gcc-2.95 on that platform. At least I don't have to
worry about the compiler.

To fellow omniORBers, the question about getting omniORB to compile with
Sun C++ 5 has come up every month or so. Please search through the archive
for the discussion (http://www.uk.research.att.com/search.html).

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com