[omniORB] omniORB client with VisiBroker Naming Service

Oliver Herrmann oh@rtsffm.com
Thu, 06 Apr 2000 17:31:30 +0200

Duncan Grisby wrote:

> [...]
>
> > I have updated with ftp snapshot omniORB-20000406.tar.gz, but still have
> > the same problem.
>
> Sorry -- I missed a bit of what you said. You did need to update to a
> later version of 2.8, but there is another problem. You can't use
> ORBInitialHost / ORBInitialPort to specify Visibroker's naming
> service, since it's a proprietary mechanism only supported by omniORB
> and JavaIDL. You must specify the IOR of Visibroker's name service
> with the NAMESERVICE entry of the config file.

I have tried that already, but I get the message:

Configuration error: Invalid object reference supplied for NAMESERVICE.

I think the IOR is ok. catior with the IOR prints:
Type ID: "IDL:omg.org/CosNaming/ExtendedNamingContextFactory:1.0"
Profiles:
1. Unrecognised profile tag: 1447645953
2. IIOP 1.0 90.1.223.3 1963
".PMC....7...IDL:omg.org/CosNaming/ExtendedNamingContextFactory:1.0.
....AEX."

Oliver