[omniORB] omniORB client with VisiBroker Naming Service

Oliver Herrmann oh@rtsffm.com
Thu, 06 Apr 2000 11:53:35 +0200

Hello.

I have some problems to connect my omniORB2 (2.8) client with the naming
service from VisiBroker C++ 3.3. When I call
orb->resolve_initial_references("NameService") I always get a Exception
NO_RESOURCES (ORBInitialPort and ORBInitialHost in the config file are
set to the values of the VisiBroker Naming Service).

If I set the IOR of the VisiBroker Naming Service in the config file the
programm terminates and prints the following error message:

'Configuration error: Invalid object reference supplied for
NAMESERVICE.'Type ID:

catior with the IOR prints:
"IDL:omg.org/CosNaming/ExtendedNamingContextFactory:1.0"
Profiles:
1. Unrecognised profile tag: 1447645953
2. IIOP 1.0 90.1.223.3 1963
".PMC....7...IDL:omg.org/CosNaming/ExtendedNamingContextFactory:1.0.
....AEX."

Oliver