[omniORB] omniORB(posiibly) object method call problem

Goncharuk Artem art@land3.nsu.ru
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 00:51:21 +0700 (NOVST)

Hello!
I'm writing test sample application withomniORB on mscv6.0. And there is
is aproblem. I have copied part of code from omniORB samples(anyExample
client) and try to usi it with my objects. I have implemented test objects
that returns a single string(like in echoExample).

So first I register it in naming(create sub-context and bind object, it is
successfull, no exceptions are thrown, and omniORB naming log is also OK).

But when I try to get ref to object bound, and to call a method the
problem occures. Sub-context is fetched correctly, ref is also fethed
correctly, but ewhen calling a method it does not do anything on the
client side and server side, pause for around 5 minutes and than COMM
FAILURE exception is thrown. Whan can be the possible reason of that?

Thank you,

Sincerely,
Artem Goncharuk

art@land3.nsu.ru