[omniORB] Re: KAI compiler for OmniOrb2 ?

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
05 Apr 2000 16:06:05 +0100

I did try their compiler back in the days when gcc, even for x86, still
doesn't support thread safe exception handling. Unfortunately, I don't
think their compiler do thread safe exception handling either. That was 2
years ago, don't know if things have changed.

It is rather straightforward to modify an existing platform .mk file in
omniORB to use a new compiler. The time-consuming bit is to test whether
the generated code actually works and quite anonying when it doesn't.
I'll encourage any user to try out KAI and give us feed back.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:   http://www.uk.research.att.com