[omniORB] Problem with omniORBpy on Solaris

Michael Lauer mlauer@www.Vanille.de
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 11:02:09 +0200 (CST)

Hi. I'm trying to get work done at home
(on Linux) get to work in our institute, which
has Sun stations.

I have some python scripts communication via omniORB
with other scripts.

So: I compile the omniORB28 and omniORBpy on SunOS using
gcc which works.

However: When I try to run omniidl -bpython echo.idl, it
crashes with:

ld.so:1 : python (...)
/tmp/.mickey_cache/omni/lib/sun4_sosV_5.7/_omniidlmodule.so: Symbol
PyFile_Type: referenced symbol not found.

I searched through the archives of this mailing list which
recommended something like -Xlinker --export-dynamic when
compiling Python1.5.2 - this hasn't solved my problem.

This is frustrating... can anyone help ?

(
By the way, uname gives:
SunOS diamant 5.7 Generic_106541-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250
and gcc --version dumps out:
egcs-2.91.57
)

--
    Regards & Gruesse from Mickey @ http://www.Vanille.de
  How could anyone know me - when I don't even know myself ?